Category:Quantar Service Bulletin
- 1 Quantar Service Bulletins
- 1.1 Field Service Bulletin: 10230A - August 2008
- 1.2 Field Service Bulletin: 10349 - September 2009
- 1.3 Field Service Bulletin: 10360 - October 2009
- 1.4 Field Service Bulletin: 10398 - February 2010
- 1.5 Field Service Bulletin: 10400 - February 2010
- 1.6 Field Service Bulletin: 10420 - April 2010
- 1.7 Field Service Bulletin: 10421 - April 2010
- 1.8 Field Service Bulletin: 10432 - June 2010
- 1.9 Field Service Bulletin: 10454 - August 2010
- 1.10 Field Service Bulletin: 10485 - January 2011
- 1.11 Field Service Bulletin: 10594A - December 2011
- 1.12 Field Service Bulletin: 10609 - Febuary 2012
- 1.13 Field Service Bulletin: 10703B - July 2013
- 1.14 Field Service Bulletin: 10993 - June 2015
- 1.15 Field Service Bulletin: 11022 - October 2015
- 1.16 Field Service Bulletin: 11104 - August 2016
- 1.17 PSB Service Bulletin: 860C - January 2003
- 1.18 PSB Service Bulletin: 810-A - January 2002
- 1.19 Service and Repair Notes: S-0018 - September 2000
- 1.20 Service and Repair Notes: S-0156 - March 2005
- 1.21 Service and Repair Notes: S-0171 - June 2005
- 1.22 Service and Repair Notes: S-0176 - September 2005
- 1.23 Service and Repair Notes: S-0179 - October 2005
- 1.24 Service and Repair Notes: S-0180 - Coctober 2005
- 1.25 Service and Repair Notes: S-0184A - January 2006
- 1.26 Service and Repair Notes: S-0061 - June 2002
Quantar Service Bulletins
- Quantar station experiences poor squelch operation resulting in a long squelch tail.
- Adding a new Quantar IntelliRepeater (IR) station, with factory delivered flash, may cause a cross-load to all stations.
- SWDL will fail when installing A6.9 code to QUANTAR or STR 3000 devices using A7.7 CDs.
- New Quantar/Quantro/AstroTAC 3000 RSS Archive folder location changes
- Dropped audio for a subscriber in a SmartX site with Astro 25 Quantar base station.
- Quantar (QTR), STR 3000, and GTR 8000 - A software upgrade resolves multiple issues as defined in the SYMPTOM section below.
- Some faults stop reporting after 50 days uptime: QTR, STR 3000, GTR 8000, A6.7 – A7.8
- 9.00.03D or older radios will not register with A7.6 or later GTR8000 BR SW in upper end of frequency band: GTR 8000 Site Repeater & MsBR, A7.6 - A7.8
- GTR 8000 Base Radio Intermittently Re-setting: GTR 8000 Site Repeater & MsBR, A7.6 - A7.8
- Downgrading from A7.8 to a previous release before setting the Base Station to Normal Mode may result in undefined behavior: GTR 8000, A7.8 ONLY
- Additional Robustness enhancement added to A7.7 to prevent a rare BR failure: GTR 8000, 7.7 ONLY
- Tone Remote Control (TRC) sequence is intermittently not decoded by Quantar.
- ASTRO Simulcast timing difference between Quantar stations equipped with EPIC V and EPIC II control boards.
- Quantar station may stop sending audio voice to the wireline after it has received TRC function tone from the console.
- Quantar Stations and Astro-TAC receivers incorrectly report (M)CLN8426 control board as 0x91000
- Quantar Base Radio – APX subscriber units used close to an A6.9/A7.2 repeater site may not gain system access.
- Quantar - Multiple issues as defined in the SYMPTOM section below
- The ‘selective alarm disable’ serial interface command doesn’t disable TX alarms
- If the Multi-NAC table is not completely filled in, the Quantar incorrectly accepts incoming calls with TX NAC
- The Quantar does not generate TX and RX alarms if the external reference fails
- If Quantar receiver hardware is removed from the station, and if the ‘Validate Configuration’ button in Radio Service Software (RSS) is activated, the RSS reports that the receiver matches the configuration (even though it is not installed).
- In the RSS metering screen, the missing receiver hardware will be reported as VHF LB Range 1.
- GTR 8000 (A7.11, A7.13) – Garbled audio on a 9600 Trunking simulcast channel that has a mix of STR 3000 and GTR 8000 Base Radios (BRs) or a mix of QUANTAR and GTR 8000 BRs.
- A7.15 - Conventional Quantar station may reset while processing repeat call.
- A7.13, A7.14, A7.15 - GTR8000 Site Repeater Base Radio and Quantar: Software upgrade resolves multiple issues as defined in the SYMPTOM section below.
- A subscriber on an enhanced data channel may experience data throughput delay if the site goes through site state transition followed by tear down of MSEL call during Site trunking. When the site returns to Wide Area, subscribers might bounce back between Enhance data channel and voice channel causing delay in data throughput.
- Customer with APEX Subscribers may not be able to access the system within 100 feet of the site with Quantar stations used as a control channel. This is an enhancement to a previously fixed issue described in FSB10594
- Quantar Base Radio – A7.16 Systems:Sites with a mix site of GTR8000 and Quantar and GTR8000 configured as control channels may experience a reset of Quantar channels under loaded condition
- Low or No Power Out of the 900Mhz Quantar.
- NEW QUANTAR POWER SUPPLIES
- Quantar RF Power Output Instability
- SYMPTOM: Fluctuations in RF power output may be seen on an RF wattmeter when the station is set at or near 60watts and the station is programmed between 132 MHz through 174 MHz. Additionally, an audio oscillation may be heard in the receiving subscriber for approximately 4-5 seconds at the beginning of the conversation.
- Aligning and Measuring the Quantar High Power Booster (HPB) RF Power Amplifier Output
- A Quantar IntelliRepeater (IR) with an EPIC II E-version Station Control Board (SCB) may cause another IR channel on the LAN to reset upon power up.
- Quantar ASTRO®25 Conventional base stations running Release 13.xx.xx (control board firmware versions 020.13.009, 020.13.011, 020.13.017, or 020.13.022) intermittently drop Emergency Alarm messages relayed by another Quantar repeater. This will only affect those systems where the Emergency Alarm feature is used with the configuration identified in this Bulletin.
- Incorrect power readings from Quantars with External Wattmeters installed.
- Incorrect power readings from VHF Quantars with High Power Booster installed.
- 6.X Quantars stop reporting faults after approximately 90 days.
- Quantar/Quantro RSS may fail to flash stations via Ethernet Method
Pages in category "Quantar Service Bulletin"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- Product Support Bulletin 732
- Product Support Bulletin 747
- Product Support Bulletin 754
- Product Support Bulletin 755
- Product Support Bulletin 779
- Product Support Bulletin 782
- Product Support Bulletin 786
- Product Support Bulletin 787
- Product Support Bulletin 817
- Product Support Bulletin 818
- Product Support Bulletin 822
- Product Support Bulletin 830
- Product Support Bulletin 846
- Product Support Bulletin 847
- Product Support Bulletin 860A
- Product Support Bulletin 868
- Product Support Bulletin 872A
- Product Support Bulletin 878
- Product Support Bulletin 914
- Product Support Bulletin 922
Media in category "Quantar Service Bulletin"
The following 26 files are in this category, out of 26 total.
- Psb 860C.pdf
- Quantar FSB10230A.pdf
- SRN S-0018.pdf
- SRN S-0156.pdf
- SRN S-0171.pdf
- SRN S-0176.pdf
- SRN S-0179.pdf
- SRN S-0180.pdf
- SRN S-0184A(2).pdf
- Srn s0061.pdf